Sunday, August 28, 2005

first. post. ever.


So. I've been meaning to start a blog for a while now, more as a diary of my various projects than anything else. I mean, I could just go the old school route, and make a scrapbook or something. But that would be just one more thing to store in our already over-stuffed apartment, and one more thing to move, and frankly I think I reached the clutter threshold in this place a long time ago. And that was before I learned to knit and discovered the meaning of the word "stash."

Right now I'm working on three different knitting projects - one baby afghan that has been in production forever, and a couple of scarves. I make way too many scarves. I either need some sort of special scarf storage and display system, or a few more cold-natured friends. But anyway, yes, two scarves, and a baby afghan, that is intended for a baby that had the misfortune of being due at the end of the hottest summer anybody here can remember. I tried to finish it in time. I really had the best intentions. But about a third of the way through I could no longer take the heat of that chenille blanket lying across my sweaty lap, and I guess I decided that the baby would like an afghan for its first Christmas about as much as it will when it is born. Don't you think?

Anyway, besides all the knitting, I've been learning to spin too. I've only just started the spinning, so my yarn is infantile. But even so, I feel a sense of accomplishment when I wind it into a skein.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whee, welcome to blogdom, spam and all! :P

Your yarn is looking great, and I'm glad you're joining us crafty bloggers. Awesome-O.

-Sarah
http://www.slaphog.com/sarahblog/

9/27/2005 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home